Willow
Urgent question! Is “living on a main road”the same with "living by the side of a main road"? Is the sentence correct "The main drawback of living on a main road is the loud noise"?
8
0
Yes, that's the idea. Obviously someone would not live in the middle of the road.
Just use "living on a main road".... because it is understood what that means and we us it all the time in everyday talk. You can also say " I live next to a main road." But "living by the side of the main road" is a phrase I've never heard before and it sounds wrong.
Sorry, I have not known 'drawback' yet just 'draw back'. My fault.
Is “living on a main road”the same with "living by the side of a main road"? - It could be, but side of main road confuses reader to think are you on the main road or are you on a side road thats off of the main road, which would be "living off of the main road" Is the sentence correct "The main drawback of living on a main road is the loud noise" - Sentence is fine.
Drawback is a synonym of disadvantage.
Willow