Samira Hamza
what is the best way to learn the prepositions ?
5
0
Each preposition has a slightly different meaning. These are usually placements. Because they tend to "describe" where something is, I think, if you can remember the names of all the colors, which "describe" an object, and you can remember numbers, which can 'describe' amounts of objects, you can remember words fore placement. Two brown books are below the stack of five yellow chairs near the door.
Learn them by example. In my own learning experience, Slovak sometimes uses prepositions differently to English, so I've had to abandon my English thinking and just learn to accept how they are used (eg. literally, in Slovak I have to say "in the television" and "on a party" instead of "on the TV" and "at a party"). It's easier learning the larger phrases instead of trying to decipher how each preposition works.
That would be memorizing and reading a lot of English books. Remember - where is a will, there is a way!
Samira Hamza
Arabic, English, German
English, German