Jeremy
Please help me translate these two sentences into English.Thank you! 1)学习是的痛苦是暂时的,未学到的痛苦是终身的。 2)此刻打盹,你将做梦。此刻学习,你将圆梦。I make a mistake .It should be 学习的痛苦是暂时的,未学到的痛苦是终身的。no “是"
9
0
1. Learning is painful for now, but what you don't learn can give you pain for a whole lifetime. 2. If you sleep now, you'll have dreams. If you study now, your dreams will come true.
1)学习是的痛苦是暂时的,未学到的痛苦是终身的。 Learning is only temporary agony. Those you haven't learnt are your life's pain. 2)此刻打盹,你将做梦。此刻学习,你将圆梦。 Literal: This while, while you nap, you will dream. From this, you dreams will come true. Polished: While you nap, you make dreams and they will be fulfilled.
1)学习是的痛苦是暂时的,未学到的痛苦是终身的。 Studying entails passing suffering whereas not studying entails life-long suffering. 2)此刻打盹,你将做梦。此刻学习,你将圆梦。 Sleep, and a dream will come to you. Study, and a dream will come true for you.
These two sentences can be found on walls of many Chinese schools. It is said that these two sentences come from Harvard. They are on the wall of Harvard's library. Is it true? We also found the bilingual version on the internet: 此刻打盹,你将做梦;而此刻学习,你将圆梦。(This moment will nap, you will have a dream; But this moment study,you will interpret a dream. ) 学习时的苦痛是暂时的,未学到的痛苦是终生的。(Time the study pain is temporary, has not learned the pain islife-long. ) I don't think that English version is right. So I doubt whether they are from Harvard.
Jeremy