florence
Any subtle difference between these two?Thanks I can't take it anymore. I can't take any more. I asked a similar question yesterday, but I think these two are exactly the same, am I right?I can't take it anymore, my emotional pain is just too much to bare =I can't take anymore, my emotional pain is just too much to bare. these two are both correct?
5
0
florence, I can't take it anymore. = I can't take it any longer. (Not one additional minute) I can' take this emotional pain any longer. I can't take any more. = I can't take any additional quantity. I can't take any additional quantity of this emotional pain. (but maybe you can handle the amount of pain that you have ) anymore = any longer any more = an additional quantity or number of Although the two expressions are not exactly the same, they could have the same meaning in context if you are thinking that-- an additional minute of emotional pain = an additional quantity of emotional pain.
You have been whining and moaning about me all day and I can't take any more' you can also use the first one here with 'it'. 'Do you remember what we talked about yesterday? Well she was still doing it today and I can't take any more, you can use 'it' here as well. So in your example they could both be used and would mean exactly the same thing.
No way are these completely the same. :) It away = all away or a (one) single object Any away = Some away, but not all and not a solid (single) object
"it" it = something specific
florence
English, Mongolian