Moonlight4u
Trimming more than the hedges??? I don't get clear about this. Script goes from now on, and my question follows. Gabrielle: "It's okay. It was a close call, but I managed to cover. I got you these So from now on, we can't let Carlos see you around the house wearing anything resembling a gym sock." John: "You want me to mow your lawn in sandals? I could lose a toe." Gabrielle: "Imagine what you could lose if Carlos finds out you're trimming more than the hedges." Q: I exactly know what meaning of the term "if Carlos finds out you're trimming more than the hedges." is. Yes, it could perfectly be alternated with "if Carlos finds out you're sleeping with me." But I'd like to know more speicifically. I cannot make it clear about this term. Please explain the detail for me :D Thank you so much!
9
0
Just reading this dialogue, I didn't know it had to do with sleeping with someone. However, it probably does, and could mean that there is more activity going on undercover than they want Carlos to see. They are hiding their relationship activities.
"Trimming The Hedges" Literally means Carlos, who is a gardener, cuts the bushes. "Trimming The Hedges" Could be used for men or women. It means to shave the intim area. Hope it helps.
Haha, more DH!
It is obvious from the dialogue that John works as a gardener, so "trimming more than the hedges" is meant to be a comedic device that alludes to John's profession as well as the secret affair between John and Gabrielle. It's just a guess, but perhaps John is providing Gabrielle with some personal grooming services. In my opinion, the comedic device works well here because what "more than the hedges" refers to is left to our imagination.
Moonlight4u
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Vietnamese