Sanya
Whether Is 'her' necessary or not in this sentence? The five-year-old girl, accompanied by her parents and HER teachers, is going to play piano in the New Year's Party. Do you think the HER is necessary before teachers? Thank you!
9
0
I'd say yes, but when I read the sentence there is an accent on, " accompanied by her parents AND her teachers....." It sounds as though it is emphasising the point that both her parents and her teachers will be involved. If you don't want to emphasise the teachers section, take out the 2nd "her". :) I hope that helps.
I would keep her. If you want to get rid of her, swap parents and teacher. The five-year-old girl, accompanied by her teacher and parents, is going to play piano in the New Year's Party. We know a girl has parents. But if it is not her teacher, it could be someone else's teacher. The parents teacher? A random teacher? So swap them and it will stay clear that it is her teacher.
Thank you David!
And teacher,s
Thank you Jura for your correction and comments!
Sanya