Check out our updated Community
庚 泽
grow out of we have grown out of each other./ I have grown out of you. What's it supposed to mean ? As far as I can recall, I ever saw words about one person have grown up a bit or more, so he can't wear his clothes anymore, coz not fit. So is it a metaphor which applies to human being or something? Thank you for your answers.
2012년 2월 28일 오전 4:31
You can't take this expression literally. It's saying that at one time you needed someone as a friend, girlfriend/boyfriend or just someone to hang-out with. However, the situation has changed and you're losing the need of this person in your life. You have "grown out" of this person's necessity for existing in your life. Just like you grow out of an old sweater that you've worn for years.
2012년 2월 28일
You can grow out of anything. You get older and tired of it. Yes, you can grow out of a relationship.
2012년 2월 28일
This does not make sense. You can say, "we drifted apart from each other"
2012년 2월 28일
The term for people is 'growing apart'. We grew apart.
2012년 2월 28일
庚 泽