hebi
How can I learn Kanji well! I feel it very difficult to remember! I just don't know where to begin!
Apr 19, 2008 4:30 PM
2
0
Try not to take on too many at a time. I'd try to learn only maybe 10-15 at a time, maybe 20 but I wouldn't try more. Personally, I like to make flash cards. Using them made a huge difference in my test scores. Just be careful, if you bite off more than you can chew, it's very easy to get overwhelmed and discouraged. Practice, practice, practice! ^^ I like to draw the Kanji on one side, then on the back draw the pronunciation at the top and the meaning at the bottom. Then I study them briefly until I'm comfortable, then I start writing the answers rather than just thinking them. I practice from all three ways, seeing the kanji and writing pronunciation, seeing the meaning and writing the kanji, or seeing the pronunciation and writing the Kanji. This way I get familiarized with all the ways I might see (or be tested) on them. Of course, you may also want to make flash cards for Kanji compounds that include their own meanings and pronunciations as that is important as well.
April 19, 2008
When I was a child. To remember a kanji, I had divided it into parts. Pattern 1 ( divided it into Radicals(Bushu) ) 休 = { イ + 木 } イ is called "ninben". "nin" means person. キ is called "ki". "ki" means tree. I could imagine this character(=休) was a person who is taking a rest near a tree. Reference: http://japanese.about.com/library/weekly/aa070101a.htm Pattern 2 ( divided it into several small parts ) 頭 = { 一 + 口 + ソ + 一 + 一 + ノ + 目 + ハ } ( ATAMA is... " Ichi, Kuchi, So, Ichi, Ichi, No, Me, Ha " ) At this pattern, I said, and remembered "Ichi, Kuchi, ..." like a song. ----- Good luck! (When you cannot see the Chinese character, I'm sorry.)
April 22, 2008
hebi
English, Japanese, Vietnamese
Japanese