Moonlight4u
What's "you've been a really good sport" mean? SCRIPT Officer Thompson: "Yeah, you've been a really good sport, coming along on my shift with me." QUESTION What's "you've been a really good sport" mean? You've done a good job? You've got a good ability to do this? Please help me. Thanks!
I support the answer of the user above. But if this makes it simpler; A good sport is a slang phrase that has several meanings according to use: 1. Someone who takes a bad situation well. ex.: You lost in a game, but you still congratulated the winner and respected that it happened. 2. Someone who is cooperative. ex.: Your friend wants you to go to the movies and for some reason you don't like it. But because you are a good friend, you would accompany your friend. -YOU ARE A GOOD SPORT :)
If you are a good sport you aren't a sore loser So if you play sport and the other player is really gracious and cool about it you might say they are a good sport :)
It means that you have good manners, and/or that you have alot of patience. For instance; when playing a sporting event, the away team and the home team are very competitive. In this heat of the moment, amidst the competition, a good sport is someone who can still smile while shaking his opponents hand at the end of the game. I hope that helps.
Moonlight4u
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Khmer (Cambodian), Vietnamese