Amy
What on earth does "She can make herself understood in most situations." in this context mean? After a dramatic birth, Elin was diagnosed with severe cerebral palsy, and though she can make herself understood by speaking, to the untrained ear it’s difficult to understand what she is saying. Her MyTobii P10 helps her make herself understood.I put wrong words in the title. What I intended was meaning of "make herself understood" in "Her MyTobii P10 helps her make herself understood."
when she talks it is difficult to understand her (because her disability makes her speech not clear). However, once you get used to the way she speaks you will be able to understand her OK. Now, she has a myTobii p10 (type of computer?) to assist her communications (make it easier for other people to understand her).