Anna Karolina
How do you say "divorced" ? I was writing a little about my family and I wanted to write that my parents are divorce and because of that I have 6 siblings. 2 full siblings and 4 half siblings. I've looked for it and found the word divorce but I'm not sure how to write something like. "My parents are divorced that's why I have 6 siblings, and I'm the oldest one"UPDATE: I understand this: "제가 첫째입니다" as "I'm the first (daughter)" but in school I was taught this "저는 장녀 입니다" which would be "I'm the eldest daughter" ? I can use one or the other right?
Sep 17, 2012 8:39 PM
Answers · 2
제 부모님은 이혼을 하셨고 그래서 저에게는 6명의 형제 자매가 있습니다. 그 중 제가 첫째입니다. For your reference, there is no corresponding word for sibling in the Korean language. '형제' means brothers and '자매' means sisters and we use these words when they have the same parents, not one of them. We have a similar expression of '이복 형제' or '배 다른 형제' but it is used only when they have the same mother, not a father.
September 18, 2012
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!