Brainer
What is the meaning of some expressions in these sentences? A warning system so that we know where we stand with each other, and so that we know when they'll be coming for us next. (stand with each other) We were to assimilate ourselves into the culture before returning to Lorien when it could again sustain life. (I don't understand the verb "to be" in this expression. I think that it would be correct with the verb "to have") And as it falls, an arc of light speeding through the blackness of the jungle, the boy still believes that some part of him will survive, and some part of him will make it home. (make it home) Thank you in advance!
Where we stand with each other = our actual relationship to each other We were to assimilate ourselves = We were supposed to assimilate ourselves Make it home = reach home.