ALesya
Hi there! Let's speak about greetings and farewell in English) What is natural for the USA and Great Britain? I'd like you to add something popular or strike smth out of the list! Thanks a million in advance!!! Greetings : - Hi! - How are things? - How is everything? - How is it going? - How have you been? - What’s new? - What’s up? (my favourite and popular ):))) -What’s going on? - What’s happening? - Hello, guys! Come on in.(come in) -How are you getting on? - Hi there! - Hey,bro! what's new? ( for youngsters... i guess...) - Morning! Evening! 1)So, I greet a person I haven't seen in a long time : (INFORMAL) -Hey,long time no see! - oh, I haven't seen you in ages! Hey, what have you been up too? Where have you been hiding yourself? (FORMAL) It has been a long time, nice to see you! 2) Surprised to see someone : (INFORMAL) - Hey, fancy meeting you here! - What are you doing in this neck of the woods?! (FORMAL) surprised to see my boss:) -Mr. Crumpton, hello! Nice (good) to see you! 3) Seeing the same person again and again the same day) (INFORMAL) - Hey,we keep running into each other!)))) Are you following me?))))) (kidding) Farewell : Bye-bye! Take care! Take care of yourself! You take care! See you! See you later! See you around! See you soon! See you in a bit ! See you tomorrow (2morrow)! Take it easy! Stay warm ! ( if the weather is bad:)))) Stay out of trouble! Catch you later! Have a nice day! Have а nice trip (day, weekend, etc.)! Good luck (to you)! ( before smth important) Bye now! Bye for now! So long! Talk to you soon! The answers: -I’m fine. -Just great! -Couldn’t be better! -So-so. – Так себе. - Could be worse. -Getting by. -Same as always. -Not great. -Not so well. -I’ve seen better days. -Kind of lousy.  -I've had a week from hell.
The ones I leave alone are all fine to me. Greetings : - Hi! - How are things? - How is everything? - How is it going? - How have you been? - What’s new? - What’s up? (my favourite and popular ):))) -What’s going on? - What’s happening? - Hello, guys! Come on in.(come in) -How are you getting on? - Not natural to me (US) - Hi there! - Hey,bro! what's new? ( for youngsters... i guess...) (Maybe as a joke) - Morning! Evening! 1)So, I greet a person I haven't seen in a long time : (INFORMAL) -Hey,long time no see! - oh, I haven't seen you in ages! Hey, what have you been up too? Where have you been hiding yourself? (Use with caution.) (FORMAL) It has been a long time, nice to see you! 2) Surprised to see someone : (INFORMAL) - Hey, fancy meeting you here! (Sounds weird for an informal occasion.) - What are you doing in this neck of the woods?! (FORMAL) surprised to see my boss:) -Mr. Crumpton, hello! Nice (good) to see you! 3) Seeing the same person again and again the same day) (INFORMAL) - Hey,we keep running into each other!)))) Are you following me?))))) (kidding) Farewell : Bye-bye! Take care! Take care of yourself! You take care! See you! See you later! See you around! See you soon! See you in a bit ! See you tomorrow (2morrow)! (No! Not 2morrow!) Take it easy! Stay warm ! ( if the weather is bad:)))) (Still sounds a little weird.) Stay out of trouble! (Use with caution.) Catch you later! Have a nice day! Have а nice trip (day, weekend, etc.)! Good luck (to you)! ( before smth important) Bye now! Bye for now! So long! Talk to you soon! The answers: -I’m fine. -Just great! -Couldn’t be better! -So-so. - Could be worse. -Getting by. -Same as always. -Not great. -Not so well. -I’ve seen better days. -Kind of lousy. -I've had a week from hell.