Yiyin Gao
Help on the translation and gramma Here is the text: A: Beh, scusa, se non ce la fai, lascia stare and continua domani. B: Hmm, sì, mi sa (1) che faccio così... guarda non vedo l'ora di comincire a lavorare per conto mio. (2) A: Si, però non credere (3) di lavorare di meno. Question: (1) Why use "mi sa"? What does it mean? Can I say "so che faccio cosi"? (2) Does "conton mio" mean my working time? Why here use "per"? (3) Can I translate "però non credere (3) di lavorare di meno." into "at least no one believe work"? Thanks a lot for those who kindly offer me their help.
(1) Mi sa che... means: I think that.../ I have the feeling that... In this case you could translate: "I think I will do that way" (2) "Per conto mio" means, in this context "on my own". I mean, not having a boss. (3)"Non credere" is the form of the imperative negative of the second person in italian. Believe me!: Credimi! Don't believe me!: Non mi credere!/Non credermi! Jump!: Salta! Don't jump: Non saltare! Possible translation to (3): "Yes, but don't think you're gonna work less hard"
you are right , it means "Yes, but you don't think you're gonna work less hard"