Why are people still racist? I thought we would have moved on by now, but people today are still very much racist and judgemental it makes me sick.
I think part of the reason is that we are inherently social group animals. Our politicians have extreme ease in dividing us for any number of reasons. It takes a great politician to unite us. Does this occur in every culture ? I believe that the word Gaijin might mean something to you. Look at the experiments of Jane Elliot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott to see how easy it is to pick one charachteristic and say that is a bad thing. I do believe that keeping your question in our minds is a good thing. We all need to think about the myths behind our prejudices. L
Uhm, why do thing "we" should have moved on? Anyway, people have been racist for centuries, and will continue to be so for quite a while. To tell you the truth, I have no idea why.
Coz shallow mind of people who cant open their own burden.
As sad as it is to say... I believe there will always be some people who are judgmental against a certain group of people.
because .. some people is not mature enough. ^^..