kerryzhuang
Why we use "le" in this sentence? Our Spanish homework this is to write a small essay about the following topic: ¿Por que día nacional de China es importante? Como gente joven, cómo le celebran? What does ´comó le celebran´? Does that mean ´How do they celebrate it?´ If so, why we use 'le' here instead of 'lo celebran'?
I'm sure the correct form to say it is "¿como lo celebran?" because "lo" is the personal pronoum of "el día nacional de China" and it's working as sn object direct of the verb "celebrar" that's why you'd have to use "lo" instead "le". In the other hand you are making a mistake called "leísmo" a very common mistake make by spaniards, typical from the center of Spain... me included :)
It should be like this: ¿Por qué es importante el día nacional de China? ¿Cómo lo celebran los jóvenes?
"How do they celebrate it" you can say "como lo celebran" or "como le celebran" and it means the same. I think its about the way that each person expresses itself. sorry for my english