Brainer
Do you use this expression in english? "speak for yourself" A: You know. Just because we have plain faces, that doesn't mean we could't get a girlfriend. B: Speak for yourself! I have a girlfriend. The explanation that I want to say is something like "don't talk about things you don't know" ot something like it. Thank you in advance!
Yes, we use this, basically person B is telling person A that he should only say that about himself, and not person B, so person B should 'speak for himself' only and not for person B, since what he is saying does not apply to person B. I hope that made sense :)
Yes I do!
Yes, we use it! To me, the idea is that B tells A that A's general comment doesn't include B (or anyone else really... only A). It's like saying, "well that may be true for you, but it certainly doesn't apply to me!"