Amy
Are these sentences interchangeable? (pseudogapping) And if so, which one is preferred over the other? They have been eating the apples more than they have been eating the oranges. They have been eating the apples more than they have the oranges. Similarly, are "I will feed the chickens today if you will feed the chickens tomorrow" and "I will feed the chickens today if you will chickens tomorrow" interchangeable?
These 3 are English sentences, the first 2 are interchangeable and mean the same thing. They have been eating the apples more than they have been eating the oranges. They have been eating the apples more than they have the oranges. I will feed the chickens today if you will feed the chickens tomorrow The next one is not an English sentence. I will feed the chickens today if you will chickens tomorrow I will feed the chickens today if you will tomorrow <-- this is the sentence that you want.
할아버지 감사합니다. ^0^ It seems crystal clear now.
more contracted ... "They have been eating the apples more than the oranges" or even more succinct, "They have been eating more apples than oranges."