1 white cat with blue eyes 2. purring black cat with gleaming yellow eyes. 3. a tortoiseshell cat. I had first thought piebald, but that is mainly white patches. 4. a tabby cat - a cat with dots, lines and usually an M-shaped marking on its head. 5. a marbled kitten melaminefrre - Are you a cat fancier ?
The Naming Of Cats by T. S. Eliot The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter, It isn't just one of your holiday games; You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES. First of all, there's the name that the family use daily, Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James, Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey-- All of them sensible everyday names. There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter, Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames: Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter-- But all of them sensible everyday names. But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular, A name that's peculiar, and more dignified, Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular, Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride? Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum, Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat, Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum- Names that never belong to more than one cat. But above and beyond there's still one name left over, And that is the name that you never will guess; The name that no human research can discover-- But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess. When you notice a cat in profound meditation, The reason, I tell you, is always the same: His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name: His ineffable effable Effanineffable Deep and inscrutable singular Name.
Fluffy wuffy babies . . . Aww no, I get a little weird about cats. Okay, I'll tell you how Americans would talk about these cats. 1. Calico. I've never heard the term "piebald" in reference to cats, but we often use the word calico to describe a cat that is white, orange, and black. In American terminology at least, tortoiseshell cats don't have white patches like that. 2. Brown tabby with white 3. We wouldn't use the term "marbled kitten" to describe that in the US. More like gray and white or blue and white cat. Marbled kittens are more like bengal cats. Mittens looks black and white or gray and white.
One of the more interesting things in life are the general divisions that people can fall into. One example is cat versus dog lovers. Or women who prefer gold to silver jewellery. You rarely get people fitting into both group.