Johnson
O(∩_∩)OWho can help me find a word,pls,I will be grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! English is indeed a subtle language.I read an article and learnt a new word, but over the time I forget it's spelling. It is a verb which used to describe ' a boxer punch the sand bags as training,and it has a figurative usage',in Chinese it's called 空拳,sorry,that's all the information that I can offer,thank you all of you!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day!!!!!!!!
Maybe you mean: punch? hit? strike?
You've really lost us. How about "thump"?
Fist
Do you mean the boxer boxes into a punching bag? The term 'punching bag' is also used to describe a person who has to put up with verbal/physical abuse from a bully. Example: Leave me alone! Don't use me as your punching bag!
空拳, I'm thinking about two possibilities: 1. "empty-handed", which literally means "carrying nothing in the hands" but metaphorically also mean "having received or gained nothing", "unsuccessful". 2. “barehanded", which literally means "with hands uncovered or unprotected" but figuratively can also be used as a generic term to imply "without weapons, appropriate means...and so forth". Can you please confirm whether I'm correct or not? I'm curious.