Dmitry Anykeen
Help in translation "Let me find somebody else I give a damn about" I can't understand what does mean this phrase?
Anykeen, It means "Let's find somebody else I CARE about. If the expression is being used sarcastically, it has the exact opposite meaning: Let's find somebody else I DON'T CARE about. If you use a curse word when you are speaking, it usually means that you have a strong feeling about something or someone. damn ....a curse word give a damn....care enough about something to curse
I try to write what I've understood... ''Let me find somebody else I care about.'' That's what I think.
To be damned literally means to be sentenced to Hell. Some people would consider your statement to be blasphemous. It is slang for "to care". "To give a damn about a person" means to really care about that person.
The meaning can vary depending on the context; I've seen this used in more than one way. Where have you see this?