Hannah
what is difference between these pattern? 要。。。了 快要。。。了 就要。。。了
1、要.......了means something will happen certainly,but we not sure when it will happen.we use the example from Snoo: 天色昏暗,要下雨了:Under the dark sky, it is going to rain. 看样子要下雨了:there going to have some rain, by the look of it 2、快要......了means something will happen immededately 3、就要......了means somethng will happen soon,the same with 快要...了 example:看样子快要下雨了:it going to rain soon
There aren't too obvious differences. 要.....了、快要。。。了、就要。。。了indicate the thing comes about draw near! My English is not so good .
They are virtually of the same meaning. They all mean that something is about to happen. In the order of time the three patterns should be ranked as: 就要。。。了, 快要。。。了,要。。。了。There are also some similar patterns like 马上要。。。了, 将要。。。了 In my opinion, the nuance among the three patterns are really hard to perceive, even for a native speaker like me. :DD You can regard them as equivalents.
actually there isn't much of a difference between the three, they all express expectations of something is going to happen soon, ok, let's have some examples: 要下雨了 it's going to rain (immediacy actually implied here) 快要下雨了 it's going to rain soon 就要下雨了 it's going to rain soon maybe if you provide with more precise context...