Hejoro
Help with a sentence "你有说什么就说吧" 那个句子对不对? "If you have something to say, then say it" Is that sentence correct?Sorry, should add that I was hoping someone would confirm if my chinese is correct given what I was trying to say in the English below.
Great. Thanks a lot for all the comments.
it is not correct,you should say"你有什么要(想)说的,就说吧".
yep, it's understandable and can be used in oral speech
"你有说什么就说吧" is not correct. we often say 如果你有什么要说的,那(就)说吧! this is how chinese express that english sentence. of cause, you can say 如果你要说什么,就说吧! you even can omit “如果” just say "你要说什么,就说吧“ but,these two sentence is not that polite ... "If you have something to say, then say it" in this sentence,that person haven't say what he/she going to (or want to )say,right? so, we use "要" to express this kind of meaning.(i don't know this word--meaning--is correct or not...) in chinese when “要” as a verb,except "demand, ask, request" it also means "must, want, wish, desire, ask someone to do something" as capriccioso says,if=如果 and we sometimes use 假如,倘若(often used in written language),they are same..
如果你有话要说,那就说吧! 如果= if "你有说什么就说吧" - 这句子是错的。 你可以这么说:“你要说什么就说吧” 或 “你有什么话就说吧”