Brucy
company would not be able to keep up 1.He lost his job, benefits, retirement plus gets to have a felony charge. what does " get to" in this case mean? 2.In the dictionary flip is marked by " move something with quick light movement, so can I say " I flipped my tongue accross my lip? 3.Softbank and Singtel, Singapore's biggest mobile phone operator, said demand had exceeded previous offerings from Apple and there was worry the company would not be able to keep up what does keep up mean? continue providing iphones? but it seems that there is no corresponding definition for it, pls refer to the below defintions for " keep up" that I found on the merriam webster learner's dictionary
1. This has a nice irony about it. We usually say "plus (he) gets to have..." to mean an extra bonus. However, the apparent "bonus" is a seriously bad situation. 2. Flip also includes the thing turning over, eg. flip a pancake. You'd use "flicked" in your sentence. 3. "Keep up" means "maintain the same level/standard". In this sentence, there are too many requests for an iPhone 5 from consumers, and Apple probably cannot provide enough iPhone 5s in response. Perhaps Apple can't keep up with the demand. Hope that helps!
gets to do = achieves the feat of doing