Jan
referring to speech What can I say that would be decent and attractive,showing my resolute attitude at the beginning of a speech,except for the cliche,that is,ladies and gentlemen,its my great honor to...blah...blah...blah???Is there anyone who can help me with this???I'll truly appreciate it.
"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears." Hehe ! That's even more clichéd ! I suggest you taylor the speech to your audience, get them involved from the beginning. Just as when writing an essay: make the first sentence of a paragraph summarise the rest of that paragraph. Who is your audience? - then I'll see if I can suggest an introduction with flair and impact. Here are some ideas from a free download ebook on public speaking (http://www.bcbreakout.com/Public_Speaking.pdf) "THE INTRODUCTION By far the hardest part of the speech. You are doing many things at once: establishing rapport, introducing the topic, setting tone and pace for the discussion, getting off to a good start, generating interest etc. Modesty and familiar, ensure that you and your messages come across with candor, humility and endear yourself. Staying calm and in control is key. Dr. Russell H. Conwell suggests that there are THREE BEST ways to start your speech:  Using an anecdote or story that breaks the ice, even use humor and establishes a connection  Direct reference to the importance of the subject to the listener and their wellbeing in general establishing interest and perception of need.  You could also try to show some personal interest in the lives and success, wellbeing of the audience – find a chord that resonates well with most in the room."