Teacher Beth
Professional Teacher
Please can you translate this sentence into English please, Please can you translate this sentence into English please. I'm sure I must be reading this wrong, I hope I'm reading this wrong because the way I'm understanding it is not good at all. 你何必如此伤感?既然你很舍不得你的父亲,那么趁着他还在的时候好好的孝顺他。Ah thank you, Okay I see why I was misreading this now. 舍不得 doesn't mean just reluctant, it means reluctant to lose,give up something right?
Yes, you've got it. "reluctant to lose' is more accurate than "bear to lose' in this context.
Ah thank you, Okay I see why I was misreading this now. 舍不得 doesn't mean just reluctant, it means reluctant to lose,give up something right?
It means that do not be too sad about the reality which your dad is going to leave . The most important thing is be filial towards him at the remainder of his life .
Hi Beth he explained a chinese idea "树欲静而风,子欲养而亲不待" It has a presupposition that the things can not stop it. You are just able to deal with it under the presupposition. So the proverb teach us an attitude that ough to be. We can not be like son or daught to treat parent. We should tresure the time they are still beside us.
因为你伤心也不能挽回你的父亲了。在他余剩的生命要好好的对他,这样也不会遗憾了。