Baron Jon
I've seen 看书 used to describe reading a book. When do we use 阅读?Is one better than the other?
5
0
Both have the same meaning.
“看书”“阅读""they have equal meaning when you want to talk someone you just do some reading. “看书"is usually used in oral chat,it can means:"I'm studing or I'm reading something,whatever it is.And no matter what kind of mood you are in when you use “看书”,it meansyou are reading,holding a book.However,"阅读"is more officail,it generally means you are aiming to finish something by reading or you are training your reading skill with time limit,like an idea,some information.,The meaning of"阅 读"is narrow than 看书。。。 Would it is clearly?
Hello, I hope we can be friends. I can help you with your Chinese. I also wish you can help me with my oral english, ok?
"看书"is more informal, used as the oral english. However, "阅读" is formal. For example, when someone ask you "what are you doing now?" you should say "我在看书。"instead of "我在阅读。" Besides, "看书"有"study"的意思。For example, "快去看书!"means "go to study now!"。 We never say "快去阅读!" As to "阅读",there is another meaning。"阅读"means the doing reading exercise。 For example, I am going to take my TOEFL test. I must get high score of the "reading part"------"阅读部分"。We cannot say "读书部分。"
看书:read a book (book) 阅读:read and read thoughts (book,newspaper,magazine,file ) everyone can read book but not everyone has reading abilitys(阅读能力) For example: 我利用空闲时间看书。I employ my spare time in reading. 她看书看到半夜才睡。She stayed up reading until midnight. 这本书孩子们应仔细阅读学习。It's a book that children should read deeply in. 他仔细阅读了文件。He perused the document.
Baron Jon
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese