Djembedor
I have a question about some of the words in the second sura (سورة البقرة Surat Al-Baqarah). What do the following terms mean? 1) Zakat 2) Sabians 3) People of the Book 4) the Qibla 5) Manna & Salwa 6) lentils 7) Paradise 8) Sacred Mosque 9) vouchsafed 10) Safa & Marwa 11) Pilgrimage (to the House) 12) the Housealso: 13) ra'ina 14) unzurna15) 'Urma15) 'Umra
3
0
1) Zakat = Charity, Giving zakat means ‘giving a specified percentage(2.5%) on certain properties to certain classes of needy people.... 2) Sabians , I can't understand this word , write the number of verse..... 3) People of the Book = Jews and Christians. They called like that because Allah sent a messengers to them and gave them holy books.... 4) the Qibla = is (Ka'aba) in Makkah,in Saudi Arabia. All muslims must face the Qibla(Ka'aba) when they pray five times. 5) Manna & Salwa = Manna is kind of sweet drops appear on the tree's leaf. Salwa is a kind of birds..... 6) lentils = العدس Type of pulses and seeds called (Adas)..... 7) Paradise = Heaven الجنة , The place that Allah rewards the Muslims in the afterlife..... 8) Sacred Mosque = المسجد الحرام في مكة The Holy Mosque in Makkah which has the Qibla(Ka'aba)... 9) vouchsafed , I can't understand this word , write the number of verse..... 10) Safa & Marwa(they are two hillocks) is one of rites the pilgrimage(Hajj) which means going seven times between the hillocks of Safa and Marwa.... 11) Pilgrimage (to the House) = The annual pilgrimage (Hajj) to Makkah is an obligation once in a lifetime for those who are physically and financially able to perform it. 12) the House = Sacred Mosque = المسجد الحرام في مكة The Holy Mosque in Makkah which has the Qibla(Ka'aba)... 13) ra'ina, I can't understand this word , write the number of verse..... 14) unzurna, I can't understand this word , write the number of verse..... 15) 'Urma = العمرة = The rites of the Umra include circling the Kaaba seven times and going seven times between the hillocks of Safa and Marwa . It's a Sunna you can do it or not....... I wish it's easy to you to understand... I did my best^_^
Have a look at this link please. http://quran.com/2 It is for that Surah with its translation in many different languages.
2) Sabians: وَالصَّابِئِينَ . those who have changed their original religion. 9) vouchsafed = to grant or give, as by favor, graciousness, or condescension . see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vouchsafed 13) ra'ina راعنا: in arabic it means take care of us and we will take care of you. but in Jews language it means "you should not be heard you should hear us instead." so Allah told Muslims not to say it and to chose another word. 14) unzurna انظرنا : it has 3 meanings "look for us" or "wait for us" or "be patient with us". which is another word to request Prophet Muhamed PBUH to take good care.
Djembedor
Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Portuguese, Spanish
Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), French, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Portuguese