민줄리
Is there an university aross Manhattan? Hello, I wonder what 'their squirrelly cubes across Manhattan' refer to in the following sentence. Is there an university aross Manhattan? His gallery is in Soho. "Fortunately, I wanted to know something quite different: how a boy from the San Fernando Valley, the epicenter of American mall culture, had found his way to such a preeminent position in the art world, gliding past all the history of art Ph.D.s who gazed enviously at him from their squirrelly cubes across Manhattan."
4
0
The speaker is saying that art Ph.Ds are scattered throughout Manhatten (not at a university) and that they live in apartments and homes that are furnished oddly and strangely (squirrely). They may work at universities (there are several near and in Manhatten), but they live scattered across Manhatten itself.
민줄리