Yan Bastian
Warm up and visual aid in public speaking?
4
0
A warm up speaker is a speaker who speaks before the main speaker at an event. The purpose of a warm up speaker is to prepare the crowd and introduce the main speaker. Visual aid is a picture or graphic to assist an explanation. The Microsoft tool Powerpoint is a tool to make visual aids.
I'm not sure what you are asking since your question is incomplete. Are you asking what they are, or suggestions for warm-ups and visual aids? Since Michael explained what they are, I'll make suggestions. Some speakers do vocal warm-up exercises, much like singers before they sing or actors before they go on stage. I always like to review my notes aloud or rehearse my speech at least once before I present. Visual aids can be 3D, things that you can hold up or allow others to examine and pass around among themselves. They can be photographs or charts. They can be handouts for your audience or the PowerPoint slide show you give. Some speakers use videos to supplement their presentations. You can get pretty creative.
Yan Bastian
English, French, Indonesian, Japanese
English, French, Japanese