Mikhail_F
How to read this telephone number: 555-55-20? Will it be "five times five twenty"?
'triple five, double five, twenty' sounds a little bit better, but your suggestion would be fine.
In America it would be: five-five-five, fifty-five, twenty OR five-five-five, five, five two zero. Most will go with the first example. It is easier on the ECHO memory. :-)
I'd usually just say "five five five, five five, twenty". The way you have it is odd to me.
For CLARITY, if I were to read this to another American, I would preface it with, "This is a foreign telephone number. It reads five...five...five...dash...five...five...dash...two...oh (or 'zero')." In the United States, telephone numbers often begin with a three-digit AREA CODE, followed by a three-digit PREFIX, then a four-digit code specific to your phone. Phone numbers that begin with a "555-" PREFIX are commonly used for fictitious purposes, like movies or TV shows.
We don't normally go above "triple" or "double" when reading out numbers, so "five times five twenty" would be confusing. You'd have to repeat or explain that. Kevin's and Baystateblue's suggestions are much clearer.