rubis
How would you feel if tomorrow is your first day at the university? The problem is that I’m 26 years old and it’s my first day in the university. I had never been there and for that I’m very stressful for tomorrow. The fact that I will be the elder one among all the students makes me nervous because all the usual students are 18/19 years old. So how would you feel if you were in my place? I’m afraid that some people will laugh on me. Please advise me!!!hi again, people who already finnish their study in university can speak about their experiences too. Thanks for sharing. a_ai would add that the problem isn't the university itself and the studies, i'm sufficiently willing to study hard but what make me afraid is the young generation; it is more superficial than mine. ;( they approximatively all thought about cloths and physical appearance!!!!
Chill out. My father's 60 and he's still at uni. You will be neither the youngest nor the oldest. As we say in Portuguese, it's never too late to learn. Just relax and try to make friends with whom you can share experiences because as age goes by, it simply becomes a number. It's the spirit that counts.
I'm 27 and I'll be in your shoes very soon! I'm graduated in Languages and Literature, but I want to study again and I'm also afraid of the shock between generations, I feel the same for the youngers in Brasil. In fact my sister is going through this right now and it has been difficult for her. I think what we have to do is focus on our goal and enjoy our real friends whenever we're out of college. Good luck!
I'm 26 years old too:) I was graduated from university two years ago.you can't believe that most of my classmates were married women with children.we even had an old woman in our class. she was very smart and self confident.every one respected her.the married women were so active that sometimes we young girls were jealous to them:D no one would consider their ages. they talked and laughed most of the time. I really loved their energy.so don't be afraid and keep going on:) YOU ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESS.
You might be surprised. Where I'm currently studying, most of the students are older than me. (I'm 18 and most of the other students are between 20-25). If not, I don't think you need to be too worried about it. You'll find very superficial people in each generation; you just need to search for the people who you feel most comfortable with. When I went to study Japanese in Japan, I was expecting to meet a lot of North-Americans around my age at my language school, but most of the students were from other countries (Especially Korea and China) and pretty much everybody was over 25 years old. Not only did I have to deal with an age difference, but also a cultural difference. I won't say it's easy to adapt, but if I can do it I'm sure you can too! Good luck!
You don't worry about it. You just enjoy that moment. I study the middle school when I was 18 years, classic guitar when I was 23 years, some other courses desinger grafic 29 year and the last English 31 years. and my partners was very teenager. For me was awesome! YOU CAN HAVE BETTER PERSPECTIVE ALL THEM.