annie_n_d
why do people lie? Hmmm...just pondering why do people actually lie. I mean i myself used white lies in order to eliminate the burden. Some says its a form of defense mechanism. But according to a friend when you lie theres an obvious reason behind it. So let as say i lied to save someones life. I guess its my prerogative to lie once in a while. What do you think?
The majority of people follow rather than think for themselves. They do not use their own brains to work things out because its easier to follow a leader, even if they are being lied to and they may not know they are being lied to because they don't check it out. If they believe lies they will also tell them. It's akin to jumping off into space and hoping there is a soft landing somewhere below. That's how I see things, anyway. Liars are blind. They cover their eyes to the truth and hope that people they talk to are as stupid as themselves
Correction: Hmmm...just pondering why do people actually lie? I mean I have used white lies in order to eliminate the burden of telling the truth. Some say it's a defense mechanism. But according to a friend, when you lie there's an obvious reason behind it. So let us say, I lied to save someone's life. I guess it's my perogative is to lie once in a while. What do you think? People often lie to spare feelings of other people. The classic case is the woman asking the man: Does my bottom look big in this dress/ these jeans? etc. The man knows that if he says "yes" then the woman will be angry with him. So he lies and says, "No of course not, you look fine".