Gemma Gem
Perfect Passive plural Hi there, just a quick question regarding the perfect passive. Plenty of text books, websites etc deal with the perfect passive in the singular, but I can’t find anything referring to the plural. For example; SINGULAR; Bread has been bought in the supermarket Brot IST im Supermarkt gekauft worden. PLURAL; Many things have been bought in the supermarket Viele Dinge IST/SIND im Supermarkt gekauft worden So what I’m asking is, when referring to plural items etc, logically, the ‘ist’ would be ‘sind’? I know that the imperfect would probably be used here rather than the perfect passive and obviously these are made-up sentences to illustrate a grammatical point and I know that you would not normally speak like this, but hopefully, for learning purposes, someone can explain the correct formation of this sentence in the perfect. Thanks, Gem
You're right. "Viele Dinge SIND im Supermarkt gekauft worden."