CESTMOI
How to translate 'bagger'? Het is bagger! Okay that is Dutch. Literally it means: 'it is dredge', I think. We use it when something is really bad. But we do not want to refer to bad language words, like the words indicating excreta. You know starts with s, has four letters, I won't write it here, it's not polite. :-) What is good language but still obviously negative sentence to indicate the quality of something? By the way, this is NOT about somebody's italki notebook entry, I will stay nice here always. Or I try to be at least.
In the States, when you want to say s#*t without actually saying it, we use "crap". Which is the exact same thing, except it is not considered as vulgar as s#*t. It comes from the name for the man credited with inventing a mechanism for the water closet, Thomas Crapper. So, instead of saying "Oh, s#*t!" We say "Oh, crap." Just like instead of saying, "Aw, f#*k it", we say, "Aw, screw it."
You can say that something is absolute rubbish, of inferior quality, the pits or the absolute dregs.
Oooooh! Scary!:)
No!!! :-D Let's keep italki clean from bad language Arwa! I just taught Dutch to someone, and the first he wanted to know was how to swear in Dutch. Well, his boss is Dutch... I do not know what he is up to!
You won't write it? You want me to write it for you?:)