nozturk
Are these sentences natural? Or what would you say? My ears are clogged to the criticisms. I don't hear the criticisms, and I'm just doing my job. I ignore the criticisms, and I'm just doing my job.
6
0
They are all okay and would be understood. However, you might more commonly hear the following: I am deaf to the criticisms. or My ears are deaf to the criticisms. I tune out the criticisms and just do my job. I just do my job and ignore the criticisms.
Hmm, you can say my ears are closed to criticism. Or you could utilize an English idiom and say 'If you try to criticize me, it will only fall on deaf ears.' (which means I won't accept your criticism) Both of these options sound a little abstract though. You would probably say, 'I won't accept criticism, I'm just doing my job.' or 'Please don't criticize me, I'm just doing my job.' These sound more natural.
Criticism doesn't bother me. I just do my job. Criticism doesn't affect me. I just do my job.
I generally use "criticism" as a noncount noun, e.g., "He received a lot of criticism about the job he did." I liked Madison's suggestions. But here are some additional ones: "I am immune to the criticism (after years and years of listening to the same b.s.)." "It's in one ear and out the other. I just do my job." "I just ignore the criticism and take care of business." "I've got thick skin. It doesn't bother me. I just do my job."
They are all a bit strange. The second and third ones have tense conflicts. I am deaf to criticisms..... I ignore criticisms and just do my job. I don't listen to criticisms. I just do my job.
nozturk
English, Turkish