DerZveite
Using of verb time forms. Need help I picked up this sentence from a site on the Internet. I can't understand using of verb time forms in it. <<she was the first and only person i've kissed or done anything with physically and are relationship is really really good and we have been dating for almost a year now.>> It starts as a past event and then suddenly is used PrPerfCon form. And here "..and are relationship..." i think instead of "are" here must be "our". It looks like first "was" must be replaced with "is". Could someone explain this sentence to me ?
You are correct. 'Are' should be 'our' and the tenses are mixed badly. The sentence is simply written incorrectly. Don't assume people writing on the internet know how to write, even if they are a native English speaker. You might very well speak and write better English than the author of that sentence.
You've probably twigged already that the writer is fairly careless. ;) You're right, he should have used "is" and made all the tenses refer to the present. I guess he used "was" because he was thinking about the kiss as a past event. Yes, "are" should be "our" - I guess he wasn't paying attention or checking what he read. He should have also cut up the sentence instead of running the whole thing together. That contributed to his mistakes as well.