Michael
romanian diacritics Sometimes in sentences, I'm not sure why, for the word "and," it can be şi or și. For example: O fată și flori. Băieţi şi pomi. How do I determine which diacritic S to use in setences, and is there a difference pronunciation? Mulțumesc
5
0
There is no difference between those two "şi" you wrote. Both have the same meaning (and) and both are pronounced the same (speaking of this..."ş" is pronounced as "sh" from English (for ex. wash) and "i" the same as "i" is pronounced the preposition "in" from English.
Hey Mike! There aren't actually two diacritics. It's the same character. I guess the only difference is that some words may be written with different fonts ( hence it may look like two different characters ).
This is very simple because there is no "și". Only "şi". I mean it's kinda the same thing. The spell is the same, the meaning is the same, and "s" has just this sign. Never mind how curved or as you're drawing it. :)
Michael
English, Romanian, Russian
Romanian, Russian