Rocky Bourne
It is no more than 5 years ago ;) Hi everybody :) Let's assume we have such a situation: You're visiting some place X for the second time. Last time you were in X there was hardly anything there - maybe 2-3 buildings... Now it's totally different - a lot of buildings, well-developed infrastructure, etc... You're surprised then. What do you say if you want to express your astonishment and also refer to the very short time in which the situation has changed so dramatically? Any suggestions? I've made a few examples - are they correct/ convey the same meaning? OMG, as far as 5 years ago it was almost nothing here! OMG, as far back as 5 years ago it ...... OMG, as long as 5 years ago it ... OMG, it is no more than 5 years ago when it ... OMG, it is merely/only/just 5 years ago when it ... I hope you undestand what I'm trying to put into words :) Thank you in advance!
6
1
OMG, it was only five years ago that there was nothing here!
This is also very natural and sounds nice: Wow! Even five years ago there was almost nothing here.
Only five years ago there was nothing there.
Rocky Bourne
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish