Marixah
what is the difference between ED and ING adjectives, how we have to use them?? For example I am bored or I am boring...
Hello Marixah! :) hmm.. I'll try my best to answer. When you say "I am bored" you mean you're in a state of boredom. Something is causing you to feel boredom. In this case, "bored" is an adjective derived from the passive voice of the verb "bore" which is "bored". The subject "I" is being made bored by something. When you say "I am boring" you mean have the quality/characteristic of being boring. "boring" here is just an adjective, I think. :)
There are many adjectives that we have in English that end in -ED or -ING. An adjective that ends in -ING is used to describe: the characteristic of a person or a thing. An adjective that ends in -ED is used to describe: a feeling. My girlfriend is bored. - (My girlfriend feels bored) My girlfriend is boring. - (My girlfriend is a boring person) ^__^ You can use these adjectives to describe people or situations but be careful that you are using the correct adjective. For example, there is a big difference in meaning between: I am confused. - (I don't understand something) I am confusing. - (I will cause you to be confused)
It's simple: " ing" adjectives are used to describe things: 'The lecture was boring.' "-ed" adjectives are used to describe our feelings: 'I felt very bored.'
"Soy aburrido"="I am boring" mientras "Estoy aburrido"="I am bored"
April 10, 2014