Tony Robert Leo
Is there any different between the hide and veil?
3
0
A veil is an article of clothing, worn almost exclusively by women, that is intended to cover some part of the head or face. On other hand, hide is used in context where something is kept secretive.
I believe you are asking if there is a difference between the verbs 'to hide' and 'to veil'. To veil something is to hide it with a veil or as if it was hidden by a veil. "The veiled herself at the funeral." "The mist veiled the landscape." To veil can also mean to hide one's true intentions. "He issued a veiled threat, which Tom understood." However, if you just hide something, you can also hide where it is. That is not veiling it. If you veil something, you know where it is - you just can't see it clearly. If I hide a treasure, I don't veil it.
Yes hide and veil are different. To hide something means that you want to keep something as a secret so that nobody else will know about it and veil is a thing that you hide something with. example: a piece of cloth(veil) to cover(hide) a book..:)
Tony Robert Leo