Sara liu
Can sb. tell me what should I pay attention or do when you go Canada study in a college ?
4
0
we have found that the best way to avoid the effects of culture shock is to try and avoid it altogether. Of course, some things are inevitable - missing your family, facing nasty weather for a month and a half straight, having so much work you're not able to travel - and they will definitely impact how you feel over the course of your experience. But there are a lot of precautions you can take and preparations you can make that will lessen the effects of culture shock, and just enhance your time abroad in general. While this is geared toward students who aren't abroad yet, it's never too late to get yourself situated abroad! 1. Call Home I would hope this is obvious. If you've never been abroad before and are a bit nervous, this should calm your nerves. If you're not the slight bit nervous, well, this will calm your parents’ nerves. I find Skype to be the best way to communicate with people (family and friends) back home, but you could also get a calling card if you wanted to go that route. 2. Investigate The Internet Situation 3. Unpack It’s a whole lot easier than living out of a suitcase. My one big suggestion is to leave certain things you won’t need on a regular basis inside your suitcases, e.g. if it’s still the summertime, and you brought winter clothes, there isn’t much point in unpacking them right away. Your space will probably be limited, and trying to stuff everything you brought into that space will not only be frustrating but possibly even a little stressful – it is your first night after all. 4. Make A List Of Things You Still Need 5. Make A Map Of Helpful Locations In The Vicinity Of Your University 6.Figure Out How You’re Going To Organize Your Life/School Work 7.Locate Banks And ATM’s 8,Figure Out Local Transportation 9.Buy A Cell Phone 10. Make friends and explore All the best!!
Try the candy called Reese's Peanutbutter Cups. Other than that, I don't know what to say. It depends on your goals.
Sara liu