BlackSmith
About "changing room(ie.fitting room),good day(ie.good morning,good afternoon)" Are these two phrases frequently used:"changing room(ie.fitting room) ,good day(ie.good morning ,good afternoon)" ? Thank you !
"Dressing Room" is also used, perhaps more frequently than "changing room or "fitting room", but all are fine. In the US: " Good day!" is almost never used as a greeting. Instead, you will frequently hear many people say, "Have a good day!" at the end of a conversation or transaction. Americans tend to be informal with each other unless there is a compelling reason to be more formal. As a greeting, we merely say things like, "Hello!", "Hi!", "What's up?", "Hey!", "How are you?", "How ya' doin'?", etc. To be a little more polite, "Good morning!", "Good afternoon!", "Good evening!", and "Good night!" are all common. In more polite or formal situations, "Good day!" might be said, such as at the end of an interview, etc. * Some people in the UK might tend to be more polite and more formal in their conversation and have slightly different ways of greeting people and ending conversations.
I would use "changing room". I would use good morning, good afternoon, good evening - ( good night, for saying goodbye, not as a greeting) . I would never use good day. I'm in the UK. Hope that helps :-)
Both these phrases are used a great deal. We use 'changing room' more often because 'fitting room' gives an image of a tailor measuring somebody for clothes. It is not the case, but it is still the image that comes up. It is still used, though.