YANG Lei
why we can use "feel" here? " Working a 9-5 job can feel rather limiting" In this sentence, feel as a verb of sense, why we use it to describe "working a 9-5 job" which is a matter?In fact, I don't think "feel" can describe "working a 9-5 job"! That's my doubt! But thank you for your answer!
If I say, "it feels limiting to do something", then the meaning is that when you do that thing, you get the feeling of being limited in some way. In this case "feels" has very close to the same meaning as "seems" if that helps any. Maybe a simpler example is "I feel great!" You can easily go from there to "It feels great to work 9 to 5", with the meaning, if I work 9 to 5 (or WHEN I work 9 to 5), I feel great!
The structure is: feel + adjective In this case the adjective is "limiting". feel;seem;appear;sound;look;be;.... These are just some of the verbs that can be followed directly by and adjective. I don't know exactly what type these verbs are called.