Mädchen
What does it mean? I have heard "drama queen" several times, and I wonder what is the best explaination of it? How can you describe a person being a drama queen? Can we use this expression for males? King maybe? Drama king, sounds a bit weird ... at least to me. Thank you in advance.
9
0
nanienne is right. Drama Queen means a person who creates a big problem from nothing, simply because they like the attention it brings them. My best friend's sister is one of them. Drama Queen, big fuss over nothing.
Although it's true that it can be used to describe people that complain vigorously for the smallest annoyances. It is also used for people who like to create drama where there is none to be found. You see this a lot in reality shows. Here is a brilliant example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnfKnfY6EM
It's possible that you heard "drag queen"? hahahahaha ;)
Drama queen = someone who gets too upset or angry over small problems; it can also used to describe men. "God, he's such a drama queen! I've never seen such a fuss."
Basically speaking, it's someone who's a 'queen' at being 'dramatic.' To be considered 'dramatic,' you have to overeact, usually by exaggerating your gestures, your facial expressions, and your body language so that a person in the back of the audience can get your meaning. It's usually used to get attention. It usually is a term for females. It has only seen it applied to males when it's a gay person in mind. Being a drama queen is a negative term that means your "over doing it" when you react to something, for example: 1) Stubbing your toe, then screaming and crying and yelling and throwing stuff 2) Being picked on by friends, then screaming and crying and yelling and throwing stuff 3) Being dumped by someone, then screaming and crying and.... you get the picture.
Mädchen
German, Other, Russian
German