Hessa
How do american pronounce the word (actually)? Is it ac (sh) ly ? or ac (ch ) ly ? Thank you...
7
1
It depends on where you go. I've heard it pronounced with both the "ch" and the "sh". I'm probably guilty of pronouncing it both ways myself. Whenever I'm feeling phonetically arrogant, I try to pronounce words as they were ostensibly meant to be pronounced: ack-tchwally versus ack-shally Comfort-ably versus cumf-tably But honestly, you'll be understood wherever you go. Just make sure you spell it correctly.
The following site has a person say aloud the words or sentence that you have typed in. Choose the accent that you like after you type in your word/sentence. http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php?sitepal
Aha , thank u regalitofatal 4 ur comment, I think I'm lazy too ! I'd like 2 pronunce ''ak-sh-ly'' , it's just easier !
When you're speaking quicker or feel like being a little lazy, it's pronounced like "ak-sh-ly," but if you're emphasizing the word, it might sound like "ak-ch-ly." But since I'm a lazy speaker, I almost always pronounce is with a "SH." Here are some sentences someone might say differently: There's actually a lake near my house. (Ak-sh-ly) vs. Actually... I don't have any left. (Ak-ch-ly) Some people use both in either situation.
Hessa
Arabic, Arabic (Gulf), German
German