Keith075
As a foreign student, how do I make friends in US? I have been here for two years and found that I can hardly make friends. It's not because I don't understand English(although I speak English with an accent, my reading and writing skill are even better than the majority is and I can comprehend almost 90% what people say) but because I can't find any interested topics to talk about with others and do not know where to start, and people tend to assume i don't speak English.so I always pretend I don't know some questions on my homework and ask others for help in order to talk to them, but this strategy can only make some acquaintances, not good friends. I have only one friend so far, because he sits in front of me and is extraordinarily sociable/talkative; he can't stop talking for more than 1 minutes. He would likely talk to himself if nobody is listening to him. so what should I do to make some closed friends in US? Some random facts: I don't play sports. Good grades. Not a typical nerd, only study before tests. The impression I give to others is I'm shy; however, I'm actually very out-going.
Just talk to whoever you presume has the potential be a good friend. sure it could be hard to approach people but usually people are very open if you just give them a push. Do what you were doing, ask someone about the work then start small talk. Say something about the teacher, ask them if they like this class, ask them who do they have for English, and what are their electives then just crack a joke or something. I hope this has helped :) if you need any more advice or want me to elaborate just message me ^.^
Does your school offer clubs and organizations? Joining a club or student organization is a great way to meet new people with similar interests. These days there are clubs for a variety of interests, you just have to do some research and find the right one for you.