bands007
How to have a conversation with americans when we meet them for the first time? I mean a short conversation.Thank you.
4
0
Start by introducing yourself, then proceed to see things you have in common. Ask them what they do, what they like and if you find something you both like, talk about that.
Here is how your first conversation with John could look like :) - Hi, I'm ________ (insert your first name), nice to meet you! - Hi _________! I'm John, nice to meet you too! - So... What are you doing in __________ (insert name of the city or country you're in, like what are you doing in the US, what are you doing in New York) - I'm _________ (studying/working/visiting) - Oh, really? - Yes, ___________ (give a bit more of an explanation, like, "yes, it's been two weeks", or "yes, but I'm leaving soon") What about you? - Oh, awesome. I'm teaching english! - Really? I'm still trying to learn english. Maybe you can help me practice!
For some Americans, it's customary to shake hands, especially in more formal settings, when you first meet them.
December 30, 2012
Young people: what's up man Old people: hi how are you doing
bands007