mohamad
is there any difference between "to me" and "for me'?
Yes, there is definitely a difference, and I must admit that this is a difficult one to explain. I really don't know the rule but I can give examples. Give the car to me. Wash the car for me. The teacher brought the books to me. The teacher left the books for me. Learning languages is interesting to me. Learning languages is difficult for me. It seems, from these examples, that "to me" is used when me is the direct recipient, however, the last example has me confused. I would like to read what others have to say about this question.
1. "to" = indicates a direction or movement toward someone or something; indicates the farthest extent to which a thought or perception is true 2. "for" = indicates a recipient and/or is associated with a need or purpose 3. "with" = indicates a participant EXAMPLE A: Learning Persian seems difficult TO ME. Just my opinion (restricted to my thinking), because there is no school requirement to learn it and I have never taken a class in the subject. EXAMPLE B: Learning Persian is difficult FOR ME. I'm taking the class now (associated need), and I am speaking from personal experience.
yes the phrase to me means can you give me this cookie and for me translates meaning eating healthy is good for me, which is more direct.
Ok, I found this on internet: "for me" is used when you are going to receive something, when something belongs to you, (for example: a place, a chair, a material). "to me" has the same meaning but this is more used of your person, or the way of thinking, for example "tha lady is really beautiful TO ME"
Yes, there is.