Latte_lan
Anyone can tell me what does "Let's setup regular 1:1?" mean? My manager sent an subject without content "Let's setup regular 1:1?" to me. I confused about it. Anyone can tell me what does he want to express? Thank you a lot.
2
0
Let's set up regular 1:1 meetings isn't a standard use but if someone wrote that to me I would take it to mean, the person wants to meet on regular schedule with me one to one. As in we are the only two people who will be in the meeting.
1:1 in this case means "one on one". Your manager is asking to setup a regular meeting between the two of you, as the other poster said. The sentence is not quite clear, however, and would be better written as "Let's setup -a- regular 1:1" or "Let's setup regular 1:1s" The first sentence meaning "Let's setup a standing/recurring one on one meeting" and the second sentence meaning "Let's setup regular one on one meetings". Essentially the same meaning, but one way you are able to write singular and the other must be plural. You manager did neither.
Latte_lan
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese